- Juniper Mist named Visionary in 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Indoor Location Services
- Fortinet Introduces Over 350 New Features to its Security Fabric Platform
- SR Innovation Exchange launches Acceleration program
- Sophos Launches “Xstream” Version of XG Firewall
- Subisu deploys Nokia’s 100G optical network for Better Services
- A startup initiative to laud: Microsoft’s unique 100x100x100 program launch to empower Indian startups
- Best practices for developing reliable 5G technology
- OYO beefs up cybersecurity framework with Bug Bounty Program launch
- Packed with 5G, AI, Wi-Fi 6, Huawei’s latest HiCampus designed to boost campus network experience
- How is India dominating the Gaming sector globally
According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) August 2019 speed test report, Reliance Jio continues to lead in the average 4G download speed chart. Jio has achieved 21.3 Mbps average download speed in the month of August, witnessing an improvement from 21.0 Mbps in July. Reliance Jio was the fastest 4G operator in 2018 with highest average download speed in all 12 months.
This year again, Jio has topped the list in all 8 months so far. Performance of Bharti Airtel dipped in August to 8.2 Mbps from 8.8 Mbps in July, according to the data published by TRAI.
Though Vodafone and Idea Cellular have merged their businesses and now operate as Vodafone Idea, TRAI published their network performance separately. Average 4G download speed on Vodafone network remained flat at 7.7 Mbps in August. The report indicates that Idea has registered a decline in average download speed from 6.6 Mbps in July to 6.1Mbps in the month of August.
Vodafone achieved 5.5 Mbps average 4G upload speed in August, witnessing a decline from 5.8 Mbps in the month of July. Idea and Airtel network registered a marginal decline in average 4G upload speed at 5.1 Mbps and 3.1 Mbps respectively in August, while Jio witnessed improvement with 4.4Mbps average upload speed.