- Ruckus’ indoor R750 Acess Point is now Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 from Wi-Fi Alliance
- Mavenir inks deal to extend Network-as-a-Platform service to Vodafone Idea
- Jio, Samsung showcase 5G and LTE use cases at IMC 2019
- HFCL launches indigenously developed Wi-Fi solutions catering to Indian environment
- India’s first 5G powered Connected Music performance at IMC 2019
- The combination of Contrail SD-WAN technology and MIST acquisition boosted Juniper’s business exponentially: Sajan Paul
- TenX2, Qogno partner to enable 5G, smart cities and digital village projects in India
- Birlasoft bags $240 mn worth deal from Invacare to provide complete IT-as-a-Service solutions
- Nokia, Hutchison 3 complete first 5G end-to-end live network trial in Indonesia
- India Inc. is facing longer downtimes, higher costs from Cyberbreaches: Cisco 2019 APAC CISO Benchmark Study
According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) August 2019 speed test report, Reliance Jio continues to lead in the average 4G download speed chart. Jio has achieved 21.3 Mbps average download speed in the month of August, witnessing an improvement from 21.0 Mbps in July. Reliance Jio was the fastest 4G operator in 2018 with highest average download speed in all 12 months.
This year again, Jio has topped the list in all 8 months so far. Performance of Bharti Airtel dipped in August to 8.2 Mbps from 8.8 Mbps in July, according to the data published by TRAI.
Though Vodafone and Idea Cellular have merged their businesses and now operate as Vodafone Idea, TRAI published their network performance separately. Average 4G download speed on Vodafone network remained flat at 7.7 Mbps in August. The report indicates that Idea has registered a decline in average download speed from 6.6 Mbps in July to 6.1Mbps in the month of August.
Vodafone achieved 5.5 Mbps average 4G upload speed in August, witnessing a decline from 5.8 Mbps in the month of July. Idea and Airtel network registered a marginal decline in average 4G upload speed at 5.1 Mbps and 3.1 Mbps respectively in August, while Jio witnessed improvement with 4.4Mbps average upload speed.