Digital transformation and engineering service provider, Capgemini has introduced its first set of Intelligent Industry offerings that leverage the group’s capabilities in data, digital and industrial technologies.
Focused on 5G and Edge, the new services will enable Communications Service Providers, Network Equipment Providers, and Enterprises across industries to implement 5G and Edge technologies at scale, so that companies’ products, assets, and processes can unlock innovation and efficiencies within their business.
With the COVID-19 crisis putting a spotlight on an even greater need for industries to evolve, companies in all sectors are in the midst of rapid digital transformation. This means that the ability to connect devices and collect and utilize data is becoming business-critical.
Explaining more on this launch, Franck Greverie, Chief Portfolio Officer at Capgemini and Group Executive Board member, said, “5G is more than just a faster technology or an iteration of 4G. It’s a new global cellular communications standard, that is bringing a step change in connectivity for the Internet of Things and all industries. As digital technologies converge, every type of organization can start to do business in new and better ways – with intelligent products, intelligent operations, and intelligent support and services. Our 5G and Edge offerings enable our clients to make the right investments in the foundation of their data-driven transformation to prepare to take advantage of this next industrial revolution.”
Drawing on deep industry experience and technical expertise, Altran, part of Capgemini, has helped to develop a number of 5G applications. In Spain, Altran has been helping Vodafone deliver enhanced operations and maintenance with Augmented Reality (AR) for refineries; real-time monitoring of a drilling robot; search-and-rescue missions with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs); and new in-harbor services such as virtual ticket offices.
Combining technology, systems integration, and engineering expertise as one, to help organizations make the right investments in the foundation of their data-driven transformation – and monetize them, Capgemini’s new 5G and Edge offer include:
- Plan & Strategy – Digital Transformation: helping organizations identify 5G and Edge-based use cases tailored to specific sector needs, the definition of a business case, and creation of a digital strategy, architecture, and transformation roadmap around these.
- 5G Network Infrastructure: helping companies to engineer and navigate the complex network and technology ecosystem, design and build an end-to-end network, IT and enterprise architecture blueprint, and roadmap.
- Strategic Service Platforms: designing and developing service platforms covering solution frameworks for applications and services, and end-to-end Edge computing / Cloud.
- Use Cases & Applications: helping clients to design, develop, set-up, test, and ensure return on investment of specific 5G and Edge use cases and applications (IoT, Edge, Cloud)
- Ecosystem Orchestration & Integration: integrating and testing end-to-end solutions, to ensure convergence of network and IT based on industry-specific process and operations expertise – coordinating integration of leading partners and open source solutions
- 5G End-to-end Business & Operational Services: transformation of operational processes; run and manage private/public/ hybrid network / Cloud solutions, monitor use cases and business processes performance, ensure security.