- Broadband India Forum to host India Satcom 2019 on November 28 in New Delhi
- EY & ACFE Mumbai Chapter join hands to promote anti-fraud awareness
- TMF and East Delhi Municipal Corporation launch Mobile Science Lab
- Payment cycle is affected; capital investments have been very slow this year: Rahul Pandey, UTStarcom
- ELSA launches a unique premier league that gamifies language learning
- Telangana poised to be the hub for South Asia’s gaming, technology & entertainment industry: IT Minister KTR
- Gigabit internet now available to 1 in 20 people globally: VIAVI Gigabit Monitor
- Breather comes in for Airtel, Voda-Idea, Cabinet approves proposal for mitigating their current financial stress
- Intelligent Connectivity is the Catalyst for fresh GDP growth
- Airtel partners with CuriosityStream to bring award-winning factual entertainment to Indian customers
The Swiss cabling specialist, R&M has announced the acquisition of Optimum Fiberoptics Inc., a U.S. fiber optic cable and connectivity specialist based in Elkridge, Maryland.
Founded in 1997, Optimum is a manufacturer and supplier of fiber management products for the commercial, industrial and governmental market. It has developed strong customer relationships in Washington D.C. and the Mid-Atlantic states supported by its quality products and its agility to provide customized solutions within short lead-times.
“Optimum is an excellent addition to our current activities based out of our North American Headquarters in the Silicon Valley and will enable us to accelerate our ambitious growth strategy,” says Markus Huber, Executive Vice President R&M North America. “We are excited about the new opportunities. Optimum is ideally located to serve our existing customer base on the East Coast as well as to target new customer groups. Furthermore, it will give us excellent access to the fast-growing data center market area in Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia.”
With its new location on the East Coast, R&M can offer the full range of its products and services nationwide. Further investments will follow over the next 24 months to further strengthen R&M’s presence in the North American market.
Jay Megan, Co-Founder of OPTIMUM, says “Over the last 20 years, we have built excellent customer relationships through our in-depth expertise in fiber optic technology and our ability to react quickly on customer needs. We are proud to become part of R&M and are convinced that with the additional resources and technology we can take our business to the next level.”