- Samsgung begins mass production of 16GB LPDDR5 DRAM for next-gen premium smartphones
- KDDI and Ericsson achieve 5G cloud-native CI/CD software
- To be at the numero uno position in conversational service automation business, Uniphore diversifies on a global scale
- Ozonetel launches AI-powered Speech Analytics Dashboard
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech Enters the Nifty Next 50 Index
- Juniper Mist named Gartner Magic Quadrant for Indoor Location Services
- Fortinet Introduces Over 350 New Features to its Security Fabric Platform
- SR Innovation Exchange launches Acceleration program
- Sophos Launches “Xstream” Version of XG Firewall
- Subisu deploys Nokia’s 100G optical network for Better Services
The Swiss cabling specialist, R&M has announced the acquisition of Optimum Fiberoptics Inc., a U.S. fiber optic cable and connectivity specialist based in Elkridge, Maryland.
Founded in 1997, Optimum is a manufacturer and supplier of fiber management products for the commercial, industrial and governmental market. It has developed strong customer relationships in Washington D.C. and the Mid-Atlantic states supported by its quality products and its agility to provide customized solutions within short lead-times.
“Optimum is an excellent addition to our current activities based out of our North American Headquarters in the Silicon Valley and will enable us to accelerate our ambitious growth strategy,” says Markus Huber, Executive Vice President R&M North America. “We are excited about the new opportunities. Optimum is ideally located to serve our existing customer base on the East Coast as well as to target new customer groups. Furthermore, it will give us excellent access to the fast-growing data center market area in Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia.”
With its new location on the East Coast, R&M can offer the full range of its products and services nationwide. Further investments will follow over the next 24 months to further strengthen R&M’s presence in the North American market.
Jay Megan, Co-Founder of OPTIMUM, says “Over the last 20 years, we have built excellent customer relationships through our in-depth expertise in fiber optic technology and our ability to react quickly on customer needs. We are proud to become part of R&M and are convinced that with the additional resources and technology we can take our business to the next level.”