- Pent-up demand for mobile connectivity from rural communities
- Mobile broadband trends in Apac through 2018-2023
- Airtel thanks its mobile customers with free Hello Tunes
- IIT-M faculty-led forum submits recommendations on digital payment solutions to RBI
- “Identifying and Implementing Digital Platforms Across an Organisation is a Crucial Skill”: Tilak Raj Dua, DG, TAIPA
- “Development Timelines Require Technical Expertise”: Anjali Byce, CHRO, Sterlite Tech
- Airtel Payments Bank launches Atal Pension Yojana for its savings account holders
- Secure yourself from potential cyberattacks this World Cup, warns Sophos
- Fisher Yuan takes charge as Coolpad India’s CEO
- “Telecom professionals should be well-equipped with a diverse set of qualities and competencies”: Rajan S Mathews, DG,COAI
The Swiss cabling specialist, R&M has announced the acquisition of Optimum Fiberoptics Inc., a U.S. fiber optic cable and connectivity specialist based in Elkridge, Maryland.
Founded in 1997, Optimum is a manufacturer and supplier of fiber management products for the commercial, industrial and governmental market. It has developed strong customer relationships in Washington D.C. and the Mid-Atlantic states supported by its quality products and its agility to provide customized solutions within short lead-times.
“Optimum is an excellent addition to our current activities based out of our North American Headquarters in the Silicon Valley and will enable us to accelerate our ambitious growth strategy,” says Markus Huber, Executive Vice President R&M North America. “We are excited about the new opportunities. Optimum is ideally located to serve our existing customer base on the East Coast as well as to target new customer groups. Furthermore, it will give us excellent access to the fast-growing data center market area in Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia.”
With its new location on the East Coast, R&M can offer the full range of its products and services nationwide. Further investments will follow over the next 24 months to further strengthen R&M’s presence in the North American market.
Jay Megan, Co-Founder of OPTIMUM, says “Over the last 20 years, we have built excellent customer relationships through our in-depth expertise in fiber optic technology and our ability to react quickly on customer needs. We are proud to become part of R&M and are convinced that with the additional resources and technology we can take our business to the next level.”