The CIIE.CO entrepreneurship center in India, the National Payments Corporation of India, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have launched a request for proposals – for innovators around the world – seeking new digital payment solutions that make transactions easy and secure for feature phone users in India.
The program aims at identifying promising payment solutions for feature phone users, ensuring:
- Simplified user onboarding
- Enhanced transaction experience
- Highest security standards
- Automated dispute resolution
- Real-time issue resolution mechanisms
- Improved payment interfaces and workflows
- Integrated bill payment features
- Enhanced P2P and merchant payment solutions
- Enhanced security with end-to-end encryption
- Any other solution relevant for feature phone users
The rewards include monetary and non-monetary support to the top innovations emerging from this Grand Challenge.
Opportunity to pilot the solution with NPCI
First Prize: USD 50,000
Second Prize: USD 30,000
Third Prize: USD 20,000
Acceleration support from CIIE.CO’s Bharat Inclusion Initiative
Call for application is open from 21st Nov. 2019
Application deadline closes on January 12th, 2020.
(Pic courtesy: CIIE.CO)