Airtel intends to go public with Bharti Hexacom soon

Bharti Hexacom operates telecom companies in Rajasthan and the North East Circle.

Ayushi Singh
New Update
Airtel WiFi calling

Leading Indian telecom provider Bharti Airtel intends to go public soon with Bharti Hexacom, one of its subsidiaries. According to reports, the telecom has begun the process of taking the business public. With this action, the government-owned Telecommunications Consultants of India Limited (TCIL) will be free to leave Bharti Hexacom. A small (30%) share of Bharti Hexacom is owned by TCIL. The report by ET states that Bharti Hexacom is valued at approximately Rs 20,000 crore.


By early 2024, Airtel is probably going to finish the listing process. Bharti Airtel owns the remainder 70%, with TCIL owning the remaining 30%. For those who don't know, Bharti Hexacom operates telecom companies in Rajasthan and the North East Circle. The corporation asserts that it is the biggest mobile phone provider in both areas. In the area, Bharti Hexacom is renowned for offering broadband and fixed-line services.

Bharti Airtel will undoubtedly make a major play with the IPO. It would be significant for the investors in the Bharti Group as well. The reason for this is that a Bharti Group firm will be going public for the first time in the past ten years. The initial public offering's (IPO) specifics won't be confirmed until the announcement is made in an official manner. The final Bharti Group firm to go public was Bharti Infratel, which is now known as Indus Towers.

Airtel operates in numerous nations, including Kenya and Nigeria. Reportedly, Airtel is also anticipated t be attempting to raise up to $1 billion in order to pay its spectrum dues associated with the 2015 auctions in advance. Later this month, the company will hold talks with Citi and Barclays, two major international banks, to determine the most effective way to raise capital. There are rumors that Airtel is thinking at issuing offshore bonds to raise capital.