Subscribers of every major telco have the option to block those irritating and pesky SMS and telemarketing calls which come at all the wrong times. This option is called Do Not Disturb, or DND for short. Follow the article to the end for detailed information regarding DND activation on Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea.
How to Activate DND on Bharti Airtel
Follow these steps to get rid of pesky SMSes and calls on your Airtel number:
- Visit the official website of Airtel and toggle to the DND page.
- Select ‘Airtel Mobile Services’ from the drop-down menu.
- In the pop-up box, type your mobile number.
- You will receive an OTP on your device. Enter the OTP on the page.
- Finally, select “End all Options”.
How to Activate DND on Reliance Jio
The following steps will allow you to activate DND on your Jio SIM:
- Download the My Jio app on your smartphone.
- Log in to with your mobile number.
- Then, from the left corner, click on the Three Lines icon. Then, go to “Settings”
- Click on “Do Not Disturb”. A page will open showing you your current preferences.
- Click on “Set Preferences”. After that, the selection will be activated.
- There are three options:
- Fully Blocked, which blocks all SMS and calls, even service and transactional calls and SMS. This setting is not recommended as this could affect other aspects as well.
- Promotional Communications Blocked, which allows service SMS to come through.
- Custom, where you can select what categories to block as per your requirements.
- Select your options and Press “Submit”.
How to Activate DND on Vodafone Idea
Here are the steps to block promotional SMS and calls on your Vi number:
- Visit the Vodafone Idea DND page on their website, here. Then, login using your mobile number.
- The website will ask for your personal information. Provide these details.
- Click on the DND option to your liking and choose the yes option.
- Type in the OTP received on your phone and then press “Submit”.