BENGALURU: Fortinet has expanded its firewalls for enterprise, data center, and service provider customers. The FortiGate 3980E is claimed to be the world’s first security appliance to achieve Terabit per second (Tbps) firewall performance and the FortiGate 7060E delivers market-leading 100 Gigabit per second (Gbps) of next-generation firewall throughput in a chassis form-factor. FortiGate 7060E and 3980E will be available by the end of the first quarter of 2017.
Both enterprise firewalls leverage Fortinet’s advanced Security Processing Units (SPU) to deliver superior Security Fabric defenses so large enterprises don’t have to compromise between security features or network speed disruption.
FortiGate 3980E Enterprise Firewall
Fortinet says that its 3000 series of enterprises firewalls are engineered to deliver the highest firewall performance in a compact appliance form-factor. Fortinet is expanding this enterprise offering with the launch of the FortiGate 3980E enterprise firewall.
- The FortiGate 3980E enterprise firewall is the world’s first terabit per second network security appliance – delivering 1.12 Tbps firewall performance in addition to 470 Gbps secured VPN throughput
- The FortiGate 3980E performance is validated by Ixia’s BreakingPoint and latest CloudStorm 100GE Application and Security Test Load Module.
- This performance enables the FortiGate 3980E to function as a data center firewall, to secure interconnectivity between data centers, or as an internal data center segmentation firewall.
- Ideally suited for enterprises that need very high network throughput and deep inspection delivered in a compact form factor that reduces the footprint and operating costs.
- Features 32 discrete SPUs to accelerate security and networking processes while reducing heat and energy consumption.
- The FortiGate 3980E also hosts two GE RJ45, sixteen 1/10 GE SFP/SFP+, and ten 100 Gigabit QSFP28 ports for maximum density and flexibility.
FortiGate 7060E Enterprise Firewall
Fortinet’s new 7060E represents the most advanced enterprise firewall solution and is ideal for large enterprise, data center, and service provider deployments that cannot afford to compromise on throughput, scale, and advanced security capabilities.
- The FortiGate 7060E enterprise firewall is a streamlined, modular, chassis-based firewall with unprecedented threat protection throughput and flexibility to suit specific deployment and usage requirements with up to four Security Processing blades for blistering NGFW and SSL performance and up to two I/O modules for maximum interface density and network bandwidth.
- The FortiGate 7060E was also subjected to Ixia’s BreakingPoint and new CloudStorm 100GE Application and Security testing – claiming the title of the World’s Fastest NGFW with 100 Gbps of demonstrated NGFW performance, and individually delivering 160 Gbps application control, and 120 Gbps intrusion prevention throughput.
- The FortiGate 7060E offers superior networking flexibility with up to eight 100 GE (Gigabit Ethernet) ports, sixteen 40 GE ports, or sixty-four 10 GE ports.
- The modularity and flexibility of the 7060E, combined with high NGFW throughput enables flexible deployment options that span from the network edge to the data center core, including advanced internal segmentation firewall configurations.
- The FortiGate 7060E enterprise firewall is available in simplified packages with centralized pricing and licensing tied to the chassis instead of individual blades to reduce complexity and deliver enhanced price to performance.
Commenting on the launch, Dennis Cox, Chief Product Officer at Ixia, said, “Today’s complex and increasingly hostile threat landscape has created unique challenges for enterprises looking to design and implement the very best security solutions for their organizations. Our goal at Ixia is to simplify the selection process for customers through rigorous, real-world testing of security solutions that demonstrates and validates actual effectiveness before purchase. This testing enables enterprises and carriers to quickly and easily make informed decisions and ensure that they implement solutions that best match the needs of their unique organizations.”